Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day off in Oxford

Yesterday I have been to Oxford to talk to my supervisor about my external project. It is quite fare away and I spent approximately 7.5 h on the train. But Oxford is really great, especially when the sun is shining, and my project seems to be very good as well. I have a nice supervisor and I am really looking forward to my time in Oxford, because it must be amazing during the summer. The last thing I have to sort out is accomodation, which can become a bit of a challenge. Here are some pictures from Yesterday:

Gestern war ich in Oxford, um mit meinem Betreuer über mein externes Projekt zu sprechen. Es ist schon eine ziemlich weite Strecke, und ich habe ca. 7,5h im Zug gesessen. Aber Oxford ist einfach toll und das war es wert. Auch mein Betreuer erwies sich als sehr nett und ich glaube ich habe auch ein ganz gutes Projekt erwischt. Ich freue mich richtig auf die Zeit in Oxford, weil ich glaube im Sommer ist es dort nochmal so schön! Das einzige was jetzt noch gelöst werden muss ist die Unterkunft, und das kann etwas schwierig werden. Hier sind einige Fotos von gestern:

The station: bike friendly, very good, because I decided to take my bike with me in the train.
Der Bahnhof: fahrradfreundlich, sehr gut, ich habe nämlich beschlossen mein Fahrrad im Zug mitzunehmen.
That looks very similar to Münster....
Das sieht schon fast wie in Münster aus...
Oxford has the best bookshop ever: Blackwalls, I have never seen so many books at one place before. and on the picture there is just one floor....

Oxford hat den Besten Buchladen wo gibt. Ich habe noch nie sonstwo so viele Bücher auf einem Platz gesehen. und auf dem Foto ist nur eine Etage....
Klick on the picture to enlarge.
Klick auf das Foto zum vergrößern.

Some things in Oxford are very colourful:
Manche Sachen in Oxford sind sehr bunt:

View into one of the Colleges. I don't know how they manage to keep their grass so green even in the winter...
Blick in eines der Colleges. Ich weiß nicht wie es die Engländer sogar im Winter schaffen das der Rasen so grün ist...
Another College.
Ein anderes College: die sehen übrigens fast alle so aus...

And last but not least: my pets!
Und hier sind: meine Haustiere!

No comments: