Friday, January 12, 2007

Internal Project: First Week

The first week of my internal project went by quite fast. I have a nice supervisor and I am working now also with eucaryotic protein because purification steps are much more interesting. I am learning to use different machines and it is quite confusing in which order these have to be washed with different buffers. I had to realise that I am not used to labwork at the moment. I am totally exhausted when I come home in the evening and my feet are aching. I am really looking forward to get my old, well worn lab sport shoes next week when my parents are coming with my second suitcase. But we were not too busy to have some fun. Because we could not do anything last sunday, we went out for dinner and a drink on thursday. The pizzas were massive.... And in the end I also got a small birthday ice... it must be Matts fault....*g*
Die erste Woche meines internen Forschungsprojektes ist recht schnell herumgegangen. Ich habe eine nette Betreuerin und ich arbeite jetzt auch mit eukaryotischen Proteinen, da diese was die Aufreinigung angeht interessanter sind. Ich muss im Moment lernen diese ganzen Maschinen zu bediehnen, was manchmal sehr verwirrend ist in welcher Reihenfolge man was mit welchem Puffer waschen muss. Und ich musste feststellen das ich Laborarbeit im Moment absolut nicht mehr gewohnt bin. Ich bin fix und fertig wenn ich abends nach Hause komme und mir tun die Füße weh. Es wird Zeit, dass meine Laborturnschuhe nächstes Wochenende mit meinen Eltern ankommen. Aber wir waren diese Woche nicht zu beschäftigt um nicht noch etwas Spaß zu haben. Weil das am Sonntag nicht mehr geklappt hatte sind wir am Donnerstag beim Italiener und noch was trinken gewesen. Die Pizzen waren riesig!!!! Und am Ende hab ich sogar nen Geburtstagseis bekommen... ich glaube das war Matts Schuld...*g*



No comments: