Friday, October 13, 2006

My first contact with the laundry...

...and I am already sure that washing my clothes will not become one of my favourite spare time interests. First of all you have to find a free washing machine. I was very lucky and found one at once. Secondly you have to understand the instructons. Ok, just put the clothes into the washer, ad washing powder and insert coins.
Shit, the washer gives no change and you need 1,80 Pound (expensive, like everything). Just drop into edge and ask the waiter for change. Back to the laundry. Insert coins, hmm it doesn't take 5p, so I had to insert 1,90 Pound. 45 minutes later I took the clothes out, they seem to be clean, at least that....The the next challenge, the dryer. I don't want my clothes to become smaller so I wanted to try it for 20 minutes at first. But the dryer doesn't start with less than 1Pound. ok, after 20minutes I took the socks and the T-Shirts out, but they did not seem to be dryer than before. ok, I hoped at least the towels would be dry after the full 50 minutes. But that would have been too nice... so it looks like this in my bathroom:
Then I tried to find out where I can get a drying Rack here. There is an Ikea in Leeds, but "FROST" costs 11,99 Pound there and you cannot do homeshopping. In Germany it costs 9,99€ (zur Erinnerung: 1 Pfund ist ungefähr 1,50€, also wehe irgendwer nölt noch einmal Deutschland wär teuer...). So I think I have to find one nearer by.
Now the picture from yesterday for all the Münsteraner: See who I found in the handout from our lecture: Mr. Fuellen, he is said to be a Professor now...



VOTD: succinct = kurz und bündig

No comments: